27.4.06

The Quartermass Xperiment a.k.a. The Creeping Unknown a.k.a. Some Scary Shit!


The kidney stone watch continues. As I wait for its passing I'm watching The Quartermass Xperiment (also sometimes known as The Creeping Unknown) on TCM.

I wasn't around back then, but I'm betting this British import had to be hands down the most frightning movie of 1955. It was filmed in black and white and there's such a feeling of ultra realisim that after a while you want to peel your own skin off and feed it to the dog.

I'm a big fan of all the Quatermass films (my favorite remains Quartermass and the Pit (a.k.a. for its US release as Five Million Years to Earth) but this one schare the beejeebes out of me the most.

I guess it's a good thing I don't have a dog.

2 comments:

Tony Akins said...

Hey Fred. I hope you're well on your way to mending, my friend. Why am I thinking of Atari "Asteroids"?

Fred Schiller said...

You're thinking of Asteroids because people keep sticking quarters in my bellybutton and playing with my joystick.