I’ve felt better,,,

I’ve had a couple of kidney stones over the years but this is the first one that has come along with an infection. My doctor sez that kidney infections are sort of common with a stone. I was not aware of this fact.

The problem that I happen to have with infections that require medication to treat is that often the cure is sometimes worse than the ailment. I feel like I’ve had the flu for three or four months, followed by being run over by at least a dozen monster trucks. It’s frustrating because I don’t know if I’m feeling so bad because of the infection or the antibiotic.

Here are the possible side effects from the antibiotic: WARNINGS: All quinolones cause erosion of cartilage in weight-bearing joints. They may cause convulsions, increases intracranial pressure, toxic psychosis, CNS stimulation (i.e.nervousness, lightheadedness, confusion, hallucinations).Should not be used in anyone with seizure disorders, or cerebral arteriosclerosis. There have been deaths due to anaphylactic shock, and cardiovascular collapse. Also occurring are tingling, itching, facial swelling, and difficult breathing.

Then, added to the mix, I get periodic jabs in the side with a red-hot fireplace poker, which serves to remind me that I still have the original problem of the kidney stone.

All this has served to make me one grumpy individual. I wouldn’t want to be around me if I didn’t have to.

The doctor gave me a bottle of painkillers, but there’s a point where I know that I’ve overmedicated, but I’m still in pain. I guess the Percocet can only do so much. If I take more than I’m supposed to I get a killer headache and feel the urge to vomit.

Oh, and the icing on the cake is that this morning a couple of the cats were fighting like animals. Tiger, one of our oldest boys has been feeling a little under the weather. His nose has been wet to the point of dribbling drops of moisture and he’s been very distracted and unable to sit in one spot for too long. I think that the other cats have picked up on this and are pushing him around a little bit. This morning Dusty and Jack had him back up behind the television and there were a lot of ugly noises being made. No real attacking or blood or eyes ripped out and hanging by strands of muscle and nerve. Whenever the cats fight behind the television they somehow always manage to yank the power cord out from the wall. After shooing all the cats to their individual corners and cooling Jack and Dusty down I squeezed my thick arm between the DVD case and the television to put the plug back in place. I somehow didn’t notice that Tiger was still back there and he was still semi-agitated. He mistook my arm for a furless attacker and he reached out and clamped his teeth down on my hand and bit. He bit so hard that he couldn’t let go. This only made him angrier. I got his attention by bopping him on the head with a fat green Christmas candle that was behind the DVD case. He finally let go and I spent twenty minutes bleeding.

These past few days have not been my best.

No comments: